South Gloucestershire Council commissions youth activities through four contractors and their subcontractors:
- Foundation for Active Community Engagement (FACE)
- Creative Youth Network
- Learning Partnership West
- Diversity Trust.
More information on specific youth centres in the area including session times, locations and themes is available on their websites below.
- What we offer
- Contact details for providers of youth services
- Other youth provision in South Gloucestershire
- Help design and name our new youth bus
Our commissioned youth services are all run by appropriately trained staff. Youth workers at both youth centres and within the community work with young people from 13 to 18 years of age (up to 25 years for specialist learning difficulties and/or disability youth services). Youth workers can provide support and advice for young people on a range of topics such as healthy relationships, accreditation and personal development skills.
Youth work in Patchway
Includes Patchway Youth Centre.
Telephone: 0117 9691938
Activities available include arts and crafts, games, sports, pool, cooking and opportunities to take part in community projects.
Youth work in Kingswood and Cadbury Heath
Includes Made for Ever Youth Centre, The Batch and Staple Hill YOU Foundation
Website: Creative Youth Network
Telephone: 0117 9477948
Activities available include football, cooking, workshops and trips.
Youth work in Yate
Includes Brimsham Green Youth Centre and the Urbie.
Website: Learning Partnership West
Telephone: 0117 987 3700
Activities available include cooking, pool, sports and gaming.
Alphabets LGBTQ+ Youth (ages 13-19)
An LGBTQ+ youth cafe in Yate
Telephone: 01454 869441
Website: Homepage - The Diversity Trust
LGBTQ+ provision – area wide
Website: Diversity Trust
Telephone: 0844 800 4425
Diversity Trust manage specialist LGBTQ youth groups services in Kingswood, Patchway and Yate.
Young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
Telephone: 0117 9691938
FACE have over 30 years' experience working alongside children and young people with learning or social disabilities and are subcontracted by two of the lead providers to deliver youth club sessions in Little Stoke and Kingswood. LPW provide designated youth sessions within the Yate area for young people with disabilities.
Details about activities at other youth centres in South Gloucestershire can be found by visiting the links below:
- Armadillo youth centre (Yate)
- Bradley Stoke Youth Club
- Chipping Sodbury youth centre
- Filton mainstream youth provision (delivered by FACE)
- Frampton Cotterell youth provision (delivered by FACE)
- Krunch youth centre (Thornbury)
- Wickwar youth centre
We have a new vehicle which will be used for outreach work to visit youth clubs, parks and events throughout South Gloucestershire. It will offer the chance for young people to speak to trained youth workers in a safe space and we can make hot chocolate and toasties on board!
The bus will be on the road in early 2024 but we need help to make it look more exciting than just a white van. We’re inviting young people aged 11 to 19 to contribute their ideas for the design that will be displayed on the vehicle.
You can draw, design or write something about what matters to you, whether it’s sport, friends, a hobby, what you like about where you live or how you look after your own wellbeing. Put it down on paper, or create a digital version and submit your entry by 5pm on Sunday 3 December 2023.
A panel of judges will choose three winners who will be invited to work with us to blend their ideas together into a design which will cover the new bus.
You will have your work acknowledged and be invited to a special launch event of the bus.
So if you’re an aspiring graphic designer, you love doodling or you have a great idea you want to share, send us your design and you could see your entry on the side of the new South Glos youth bus.
We also need to name the bus so don’t forget to add your ideas on what to call the vehicle.
How to enter
Email your entry to Millie.Crowley@southglos.gov.uk by 5pm on Sunday 3 December 2023.
You can either send a digital attachment or take a photo of your drawn entry and attach as a jpeg or png file.
Competition entry rules
- This competition is open to young people aged 11- 19 or up to the age of 21 for those with learning disabilities.
- You must live and/or go to school or college in South Gloucestershire.
- Your entry must be entirely your own work. We will not accept any entry that we reasonably believe uses content or a design created by someone else.
- We will not accept entries which use offensive language or are discriminatory in any way.
- By entering, you are agreeing to be involved in publicity including photographs with the bus and council representatives during the design process and when the bus is launched.
- South Gloucestershire Council reserves the right to use the final design and any drafts or amendments for any purpose connected with the youth bus and associated publicity.