Alexandra Park

The fifteen acres on which Alexandra Park is laid out, were given by Colonel Hollinshead Blundell. The park was opened by Colonel Blundell in April 1903. When the Colonel died three years later a monument to him was erected in the park.

Amenities included two bowling greens, eight tennis courts, a putting green, a children's play park and space for unorganised games.
Various events are held at the park throughout the year.

Eligibility Criteria (Who is this service for?)

Everyone

Availability

Open all year round.

Who to Contact

Contact Name
Friends of Alexandra Park
E-mail
friendsofalexparkwigan@outlook.com
Website
Alexandra Park
Scan to visit this website

Where To Go

Address
Newton
WIGAN
Postcode
WN5 9BN
View WN5 9BN on a map

Actions

Remove from shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Skip back to top of page